Congratulations to the winners for the IAMM International Photography Competition 2017
1st Prize Winner: Mazlan Samion
2nd Prize Winner: Redzuan Bohari
3rd Prize Winner: Rahmat Hidayat
Etha Ngabito – Indonesia
Corneliu Cazacu – Germany
Lee Leong Joo – Malaysia
Lee Shing Yaw – Malaysia
Mohd Nazri Sulaiman – Malaysia
Nermesh Singh – Malaysia
Saiful Arif Ula Khoiri – Indonesia
Abdul Halim Hadi bin Talib – Malaysia
Anis Nazirah Kamarul Bahrin -Malaysia
Anthony Into – Philippines
Muhammad Azneal Bin Ishak – Malaysia
Chong Keng Loy- Malaysia
Chong Yoke Chooi – Malaysia
Faihan Ghani – Malaysia
Gerdie Hutomo Nurhadi – Indonesia
Mohd Ghazali Kori – Malaysia
Mohd Hafiz Bin Mohd Sohaimi – Malaysia
Lin Joe Yin – Malaysia
Norlaily Hassan – Malaysia
Mohamad Ali Bin Zakaria – Malaysia
Mohammad Faisal bin Abang – Malaysia
Mohd Najee Gaie Bin Abdullah – Malaysia
Mohd Samsi Bin Sumairi – Malaysia
Nabil Mubarak Bin Amir Hamzah – Malaysia
Ng Ai Loon – Malaysia
Ng Wei Siang – Malaysia
Sawlihim Bin Bakar@Man – Malaysia
Wan Mohd Fadzli Bin W. Samsudin – Malaysia
Yasmin Nur Azizah – Malaysia
Mohamed Shaiful Azre Bin Allias – Malaysia
Yaman Ibrahim – Malaysia
Ahmad Hafidz Abdul Kadir – Malaysia
We would like to thank all the participants who submitted their photographs to the first ever photography competition held by Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia. More than 150 photographers have submitted their photographs, sharing the beauty of Islam in Southeast Asia through their lenses providing new perspectives and understanding of the Islamic culture and heritage in this region. For more info about the exhibition, click here.
IAMM INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION 2017
Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia (IAMM) is proud to announce the launching of IAMM International Photography Competition 2017 with a theme “A Spiritual Journey: Islamic Culture & Heritage in Southeast Asia”. This photography competition seeks to inspire creativity as well as document the enchanting world of Islam in Southeast Asia. Focusing on its diverse and captivating culture and heritage, IAMM encourages photographers to capture Southeast Asia’s unique mystic and spiritual Islamic subject matters, its architectural design ornaments, the distinctive motifs of its arts and crafts, and the serenity of its devotees. This competition will be a visual communication, not only for the photographers but for the general public to truly understand the Islamic component of the art and history of Southeast Asia which today is the home to over 230 million Muslims.
PHOTO COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
*IAMM reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions without prior notice.
THEME OF THE CONTEST:
“A Spiritual Journey: Islamic Culture & Heritage in Southeast Asia”
- The photo submission period ends on May 31st, 2017, at 11:59 PM Malaysian Time. By submitting an entry, each contestant agrees to the rules of the contest.
WHO MAY ENTER:
- The Competition is open to ALL photographers (both amateur and professional)
- Local and international participants are welcomed
- No age limit
HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Please complete a separate form for each photo submitted.
- You may submit as many entries as you want; however, only one entry will be entitled to win the prize.
- Photo manipulation is NOT allowed except basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping.
- All metadata must be available in the photos for the judges’ evaluation. The IAMM may collect a photograph’s metadata upon entry.
- Participants are required to send their entries with minimum resolution of 300 dpi. The acceptable formats are JPEG, RAW or TIFF. Large size photographs can be shared via dropbox, google drive and wesendit.
- Watermarked photos will NOT be accepted.
- The entries must be of original work and have never been published previously in/any other publication or website.
- Photographs that have won other major photo contests, either online or in print are NOT eligible for submission.
- The file name for each image should be clearly labelled with participant’s name, and where the image was taken.
- Shortlisted finalists will be notified via email
- Download the entry form by clicking: here (Word) or here (PDF)
- Please submit the photographs and required information via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, responsiveness to the prompt and their overall impact
- The jury will select 50 finalists and three winners.
- 1st prize: MYR 5,000 + Certificate
- 2nd prize: MYR 3,000 + Certificate
- 3rd prize: MYR 2,000 + Certificate
- 50 Finalists will receive Certificates and IAMM photography publication
- Winners will be notified via email
- The finalists’ photos will be exhibited in the 2017 Photo Exhibition
- The entry MUST: be their own work, original, not contain any third-party materials and/or content that they do not have permission to use, not include any trademarks, not showing inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by the author to third parties. If IAMM has reason to believe that the entry is not the participants’ own work or otherwise breaches these terms and conditions, then IAMM may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- By participating, the participants agree that IAMM and its affiliates will get the copyright of all the images. The images may be used for various purposes such as photography exhibition, to be included in promotional materials whether online, in prints and on any media within Malaysia and international. Any photograph reproduced will include a photographer’s credit as feasible. The IAMM will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses.