Museums exist to keep and display works of art, documents or other objects. It is a museum’s role to be an organization devoted to historical and educational purposes, encouraging art and the preservation of antiquities.
As per the ICOM Code of Ethics for Museums, museums are responsible for preserving and promoting this heritage. Visiting museums on International Museum Day is a sure way to participate in celebrating thousand years of heritage and culture.
The theme for International Museum Day 2017 is Museums and contested histories: Saying the unspeakable in museums.
To reflect on the theme, museums responsible to play an active role in peacefully addressing traumatic histories through mediation and multiple points of view.
International Museum Day 2017 at IAMM will highlight on :
- Creative Art Corner ( Tile, Plate, Bag and T-Shirt )
- Lost Artefacts Quest Game
- Art & Craft Corner
- Hand painting
- Traditional Games Challenge
- Games & Puzzles
- Conservation Investigation (CSI) Corner
- Photo Booth
- Arabic Calligraphy Demonstration
- Storytelling & Batik Painting with renowned book writer and illustrator
- Photography Workshop by a professional portrait photographer
- Doodle and Water Colour Session
- Meet the experts of Ajami Art
- Colouring Corner
- Special Gallery Talk
FREE admission to Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia on 18th May 2017 (Thursday) from 10.00am – 5.30pm
For more information, kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Education Department at 03-2092 7031 / 7032 / 7033 / 7038
*Kindly book in advance for school/institution group visit
*Min. charges apply for selected activities