Assistant Conservator (Paper)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Conservation, Fine Arts with a minimum of 5 years’ professional relevant work experience in conservation of paper-based materials;
- Familiarity and experience in restoration & conservation works with cultural materials, modern & contemporary materials, parchment, leather, book binding, Islamic materials, Oriental Paintings as well as on restoration of antique frames, including gilding and modeling of missing parts of frames;
- Possess the ability to work unsupervised as well as ability to carry out comprehensive training to other staff is strongly desirable;
- Retired from National Library, Dewan Bahasa & Pustaka, National Archives, Universities with related experience are encourage to apply;
- Restoration and conservation of artefacts to prevent further changes or deterioration.
- Responsible at the organic materials lab, for restoration works on paper, parchment, leather and book binding.
- Responsible for restoration and conservation works on contemporary calligraphies and Oriental Paintings, as well as on restoration of antique frames, including gilding and modeling of missing parts of frames.
- Responsible for making mounting and framing of works on paper and parchment.
- Prepare documentation & reports, with photographs, for every treated artefact.
- Contribute to discussion and problem-solving of issues related to the restoration/conservation of works on paper.
- Work with Senior Staff, pertaining conservation and restoration work on paper based materials.
- Cooperate with curatorial staff regarding handling and display instruction towards the artefacts.
- Fungus cleaning at gallery or lab, related to works on paper.
- Contribute to the good condition and the organization of materials and equipment, for the organic lab. /paper unit.
- Gallery checking, according to schedule (temperature and humidity)
- Contribute to Disaster Preparedness and Preventive-Actions.
- Conduct and /or contribute to Condition-Assessment of new (paper-based) acquisitions.
- Additional duties as required by the Head of Conservation Department, Deputy Head and/or Director, with relevant to the duty of the Assistant Conservator.