Citi J Yousoff from Kelantan, Malaysia, is qualified with Ijaza from the Honourable Mr. Hasan Celebi in Turkey for Thuluth and Naskh scripts. Her works are centred around the traditional arts of Islamic calligraphy with the elements of traditional Malay Islamic motifs and contemporary art. She is one of the committee members of National Calligraphy Association of Malaysia, and the only female calligraphy instructor in the calligraphy workshops organised by the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia.
Subjects : Naskh & Thuluth
Duration : 4 months
Venue : Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
Fee : RM100* (exclude materials)
Date : 4th September 2016 – 1st January 2017 (every Sunday)
Time : 10.30 am – 1.00 pm
* Workshop fee is subject to 6% GST.
- Students will be guided to the correct way of cutting the qalam (reed pen)
- Students can learn how to write two (2) types of Arabic scripts; Naskh & Thuluth
- For students who does not have any basic in Arabic Calligraphy, they will begin the course with Riq’ah script
- Students will be guided on writing the Arabic alphabets followed by joints and full sentences thereafter
- Class will be conducted in both Malay and English language
The new classes are expected to begin on 4th September 2016 (Sunday). For registration or further inquiries, please send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 03-2092 7032 / 7033 / 7034 / 7038